This is a rare opportunity to influence milestone federal policy that will impact the health of children in Canada, for generations to come. Bill S-228 is a prime example of upstream prevention, helping pave the way for a healthier future for children in Canada. We urge Senators to take swift action in approving and passing Bill S-228 into law without further delay and to oppose any attempts to amend the bill, which will effectively kill the bill for a generation.
We Need Your Help. Show you support for Bill S-228 by calling or writing a letter to Senators in your province. Phone numbers and email addresses for Canadian Senators can be found here.
Below are materials to support you in advocacy for Bill S-228:
Template Letter for Senators:
1. Template Letter Addressed to Canadian Senators re: Bill S-228 [ENG | FR]
Letter Writing Samples:
1. Letter to Senators from Stop Marketing to Kids Coalition Co-Chairs, on behalf of the Coalition [ENG]
Key messaging for phone calls:
1. Mini Infographic – Restrictions on Marketing to Kids [ENG]
2. Graphic to Senators – Clarifying Bill S-228 Lobby Myths [ENG]
1. News Release: Bill to restrict junk food marketing to kids may be falling victim to industry lobbying [ENG | FR]
2. Review recent news coverage on Bill S-228 and restrictions on marketing to children [ENG]
3. Recent OpEd by Yves Savoie and Dr. Pipe [ENG]
4. Open Letter to Senators by Heart & Stroke, signed by a group of medical doctors, public health and nutrition experts. Published in the Hill Times [ENG]