With your help, Canada has the potential to become a world leader in advancing children’s health, and public health, for generations to come.
1. Endorse. Encourage your organization to join or endorse the Stop Marketing to Kids Coalition. Please contact us for opportunities.
2. Sign-up for our newsletter. Scroll to the bottom of the page to join our mailing list.
4. Contact your local MP. Express the importance of restrictions on marketing to children and the need for federal regulations. Find a list of the current Members of Parliament here.
5. Use social media. Help us spread the word on social media. Use the hashtag #Marketing2Kids.
- I support restrictions to stop #Marketing2Kids #cdnpoli | Find out more: stopmarketingtokids.ca
- Advertising restrictions are needed to protect kids and support parents. Stop food and beverage #Marketing2Kids #cdnpoli
6. Add a page or section to your organization’s website! See examples from our partners:
7. Write an op-ed or pitch a story! Local news wants to hear from you.
- CBC: Throne speech mustn’t neglect crucial Liberal pre-pandemic health commitments
- The Toronto Star: Vital health commitments on food marketing and labelling must not be left unfinished
- Ottawa Citizen: We are letting our kids eat themselves sick
- Globe and Mail: Indigenous peoples must look to the past to nourish our children
- Coast Reporter: How marketing harms our kids
- Ottawa Citizen: Why we must ban food advertising to children
- Globe and Mail: Our kids should be protected from junk-food ads
8. Share your expertise. Help us build a bank of current research, tools, and resources to protect children from food and beverage marketing. Contact us.