1. Endorse. Join a professional collective and take action on marketing to kids. Encourage your organization–or organizations you are involved with–to endorse the Stop Marketing to Kids Coalition and The Ottawa Principles. Contact us for endorsement inquiries or sign up below for campaign updates.
2. Sign-up for our newsletter at the bottom of the page for updates on ways to get involved in future campaigns.
3. Stay Informed! See resources:
4. Contact your local MP! Express the importance of restrictions on marketing to children and the need for federal restrictions. You can find a list of MPs here.
5. Use social media: Help us spread the word on social media. Use the hashtag #Marketing2Kids.
- I support restrictions to stop #Marketing2Kids #cdnpoli | Find out more: stopmarketingtokids.ca
- Advertising restrictions are needed to protect kids and support parents. Stop food and beverage #Marketing2Kids #cdnpoli
6. Add a page or section to your organization’s website about food and beverage marketing to kids to your website. See examples from:
7. Write an op-ed or pitch a story for your local news to highlight this exciting time for nutrition policy.
8. Share your expertise! Help us build a bank of actions, research, tools, and ideas to protect children from food and beverage marketing. Contact us!