Are you passionate about social change? Health? Do you want to be part of a movement in Canada working towards restricting harmful food and beverage marketing to children? Then read on!
In 2016, the Minister of Health launched a Healthy Eating Strategy as part of the Government’s vision for a healthy Canada that included restricting the commercial marketing of unhealthy food and beverages to children. However, this commitment has never been fulfilled.
The Stop M2K Coalition is seeking young Canadian leaders to join our youth team as we continue to advocate for restrictions to food and beverage marketing to kids. With your help, Canada has the potential to become a world leader in advancing children’s health, and public health, for generations to come. The selected candidates will play a key leadership role in mobilizing young Canadians to campaign for robust restrictions to food and beverage marketing that targets children and youth unfairly.
WHAT DOES A MEMBER OF THE STOP M2K DO?
- Dedicates 2-3 volunteer hours a week.
- With support engages and mobilizes youth to advocate for restrictions to food and beverage marketing to children and youth.
- With support, tracks success metrics and evaluates impact of this youth-led campaign
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Young leaders looking to: learn more about this issue, sharpen their social change skills, build a track record of leadership and success and leave a legacy of positive change in Canada:
- Ideal candidates are 18 to 30 years old
- Successful candidates must be able to commit 2-3 hrs/week of volunteer time to this initiative consistently throughout 2021 & 2022.
- Candidates with communications and social media experience are preferred
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Being a key member of a youth-lead team that has potential to help shape federal restrictions
- Gaining social change campaign development and social media experience
- Working with Canada’s leading health organizations
- Being a part of creating a healthier nation–and world–for children and youth
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and answers to the following questions (maximum 300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What interests you about ending food and beverage marketing to kids in Canada?
- Describe one creative way in which you think we could engage other young Canadians in this movement.
- Why do you think you are a good candidate for this leadership opportunity?
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, August 2, 2021 at 11:59PM, EDT